To ensure maximum safety, our Restaurant opening date will be confirmed at a later date following government reopening guidelines. However, our eager and friendly restaurant team will be providing our new and exciting in room dining service, as well as observing and adhering to strict health and safety guidelines.
Our housekeeping service will continue to remain restricted. Guest rooms will be serviced every 2 days, or immediately after an occupying guest has checked out. If you need additional amenities or fresh towels during your stay, they will be available at reception which is located on Deck 3.
Effective from our reopening on the 4th of July 2020.
Our Guest and Employee Health,
Safety & Well being Policy During Covid-19
The impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak have been vast, affecting people and organisations on a global level. Thankfully, great progress has been made since March and we are now seeing some important elements of our lives returning to normal or at least getting back on track.
At The Sunborn London, we are delighted to be welcoming increasing numbers of guests onboard. Our top priority continues to be to create environments which are clean, safe and welcoming for our visitors and employees and we have been working hard during the lock down period to introduce additional measures to provide visitors with further comfort and trust.
Below we have outlined these measures, which we hope will provide every guest and team member with the reassurance that their time spent with us will be safe and enjoyable from arrival to departure.
Preparing Our People
We have engaged with our team closely during the pandemic, keeping in touch and explaining what additional processes and procedures to expect following lockdown.
The paramount importance of excellent hygiene practices has been regularly shared and every employee has undergone training to ensure they understand everything expected of them. Examples of new approaches include:
- Updated cleaning protocols for all areas, e.g. bedrooms and public environments such as toilets, the bar, restaurant and reception
- New safety procedures around the preparation and service of food and beverages, e.g. all food is provided in covered bento boxes and served at a safe distance by trained waiting and catering staff
- Personal protective equipment for employees, e.g. gloves and masks are provided for housekeeping staff
- Increased availability of sanitizer dispensers for both employees and guests
- Social distancing guidance, including clear signage at key touchpoints or areas where people may typically gather or queue
- Minimising physical contact with guests and colleagues whilst continuing to offer a warm and welcoming service
Welcoming Our Guests
As lockdown eases, it’s important to remember the power of social distancing in keeping the virus under control. We take social distancing and health and safety extremely seriously, so we will be taking several actions to ensure our guests can safely socially distance and enjoy their time with us. To help make this easy, we have adjusted our procedures and introduced new technologies.
- Similar to many supermarkets and shops, we have installed protective screens so our team can interact with guests safely
- You’ll also see floor markings, to help maintain social distancing, should you need to wait a moment for assistance
- We are encouraging card payments rather than cash to minimise handling
We will continue to maintain our high cleanliness standards and have adopted additional measures to ensure all our environments are clean and safe for our guests and employees.
- Personal protective equipment and cleaning materials are issued for each bedroom to allow our housekeeping team to clean and sanitize safely
- In addition, enhanced hospital grade disinfectant is used for key touchpoints as an additional precautionary measure
- All touchpoints throughout the hotel, such as lift buttons, handrails and door handles, are sanitized every two hours
- Seating areas have been adjusted to comply with social distancing guidelines
- Social distancing standards have been introduced throughout the hotel, supported by visual guidance, including the lift (which is limited to two people at a time)
- Hand sanitizing points are available in all hotel public areas, in addition to existing hand washing facilities
Food & Beverage
It is important to remember that the virus is not known for being spread through food. Great dining experiences are a key part of a great hotel stay, which is why we have taken much care to ensure we can offer delicious meals in a safe and enjoyable way.
Our suppliers are taking extra precautions to ensure all the ingredients we receive are sourced, transported and delivered safely and our chefs and serving team follow robust hygiene procedures throughout meal preparation and service.
In addition, we have introduced the following new approaches:
- We are offering a new ‘in room’ dining experience for guests; an expansion on our normal room service offer to provide a wider range of dining choices
- The seating layout of our restaurant and bar areas have been adapted to comply with social distancing guidelines
- We request guests to book tables at the bar in advance to regulate the number of people in the area
We thank all our guests and employees for their support in adhering to the measures outlined in this policy. We will continue to stay abreast of any new government guidance and will update and share any changes to this information where necessary.
In the meantime, we welcome feedback and suggestions from visitors and colleagues. Should you have any questions or wish to provide feedback, please contact:
Front of House
Telephone: +44 203 714 8109